Being a part of a junior golf program is a good way to introduce youth to the sport to learn the game and to practice skills, but there are many other benefits:
- Physical Fitness from conditioning to playing
- Mental Focus needed to analyze information for each shot
- Socialization as part of a team
- Fun outdoors and with friends
San Vicente Junior Golf offerings include:
Junior Golf Programs
Topics of instruction will be in the areas of golf fitness, nutrition, basic rules of golf, short game (putting, chipping, pitching), full swing, on-course game management.
Golf in Schools
The goal of the Southern California PGA is to create a lifelong golfer by moving children from the after-school programs to the golf course for clinics, camps and golf tournaments.
- Barnett Elementary, Ramona, CA
- James Dukes Elementary, Ramona, CA
- Ramona Community School, Ramona, CA
- Olive Peirce Middle School, Ramona, CA
PGA Jr. League Golf
We are looking forward to our 2nd season of PGA Jr League Golf at San Vicente Golf Resort. With more than 2,500 teams and 30,000 kids participating nationwide in 2015, the program looks forward to continued growth in 2016.
Teams include 13U and 16U
Michael Gainey, Lead for Junior Golf
Michael is a PGA Apprentice with almost 15 years spent working in the golf industry. Michael has always been a leader in the Ramona community when it comes to junior golf. Having been the lead instructor of many successful junior programs, Michael is now the Ramona High School's Head Golf Coach for both the girls and boys programs.